Saturday, November 21, 2009

Drinks are great in Mexico!

We were tired of sitting around so we decided we'd go for a walk. My nieghbor had mentioned to me that they might be able to fill a prescription that I had at this little Pharmacy down the hill. Yeah that dreadful hill which once you are down it, you have to come back up it!

The lady told me to come back tomorrow and she would be able to fill it. So we noticed across the road something was happening at the local liquor store. We crossed the carraterra in order to check it out. Well they were having a wine tasting. Which I thought was great since they have so darn many wines here you just don't know what to choose. We bought a few bottles of wine and they gave us little mini's to go with them.

We decided to check out the rum aisle and found some Cuban rum ,we bought one bottle of that to take home too. Since our neighbor who is very nice about giving us rides here and there likes rum.

Once we bought that Ken said well we should probably haul our loot up the hill back home. WAIT! I hate that hill. So I suggested we stop at Letys Marisco, anything to avoid that HILL! Ken wasn't hungry enough to eat so I ordered myself a couple of seviche tacos. Yummy! He had a Leon and I had a glass of white wine. Very good I might add. The salsa here is always great too.

We met and talked with a Canadian gentleman who has lived in the area for 12 years. He just loves it here. and told us that when they talk to people back home they want to keep this place small and hidden so he tells them stuff like " I had to walk the wall last night, it was my turn. We take turns walking the wall to keep intruders out" his friends think he's crazy to live somewhere that Dangerous! LOL

It is very safe here, the people are great! I love this town. Ken and I don't want to jump the gun though, we are still going to look at other places. But this place is a great place to get your feet wet and to give you a sense of peace.


Well Ken discovered Tequila! We were eating at Mariscos Lety and while we were sipping our wine and beer, this guy at a table next to us was getting a refill. Ken looked over and said WOW look at that bottle of wine! Well apparantly it was not wine but Tequila and it was a HUGE bottle. I had to take a picture of Ken holding this bottle!


Huge bottle of Tequila!


After a few wines, and a few beers we decided we better get our bottles back home! Darn had to climb that dang hill. I barely made it up this time! I tell you the next time we are taking a cab back! My legs were on fire! Ken said oh that's good! Like hell that's good! Let me set fire to your legs!

Oh I forgot to mention, there is this rabid looking dog very sickly with red eyes, his beard kinda looks like foam coming from his mouth when you first glance at him, He can be very intimidating. He always barks a few barks at you. Some days we don't see him and I wonder if he went off somewhere and died? Well yesterday we saw him, he was just laying there on his side with his eyes closed. Ken said " is he dead?" and I got a closer look then he opened his eyes! but no barking. I said "hmm I wonder why he didn't bark? "Ken answered " it's Siesta time!" and I'm like "oh yeah it is huh? "Duh! Even dogs honor Siesta time in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment