Monday, November 16, 2009

The Food in Mexico is Great

I must admit, I wasn't too sure how the food was going to be here, well I have to tell you it's great! I have yet to eat something that I didn't like. We try everything we can. I found out that I love Octopus and Jicama.

I am keeping my eye out for Sugar Apples and Gineps. The Limes here are the size of the lemons back home. They sooo juicy. The tomatos are picked when they are ripe so they are amazingly sweet. The avocados are heaven. They are huge and ripe, sweet and soft like butter. Yummy I cannot get enough of them.

The meat is extraordinary! The beef is marbled like Kobi beef, the chicken is bright yellow due to the corn they have been fed and they are big and plump. But most of all they are tender and juicy.

The berries are out of this world! Nothing like fresh strawberries and fresh lime added to your rum and a couple of sugar cubes makes the most spectacular daquiris.


Check out these berries!



Fresh vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment