Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Neccesities

We are driving our car to Mexico, so this meant I had to purchase Mexican auto insurance. I found a great deal and bought some for around $350, it is good for 6 months.

I also decided to purchase Masa Assist insurance it covers us in the event one of us were to get sick and have to be evacuated to the United States, it pays for Air evacuation, as well as for the entire family to be transported from Mexico. It also pays for our car to be driven by a professional driver back to the US. This insurance runs $360 per year. Not bad if you ask me.

We spent about $2000 getting Sarah over to Paris so she could fly home with me, when I was sick over there. Then I had to be ambulanced from the airport in Dallas to a hospital there. Thank God for good insurance then. I don't have that good insurance any longer so I am taking all the precautions needed to ensure a safe and fun trip.

2 comments:

  1. Brenda, I don't think I ever heard of the Paris sickness. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sorry I somehow missed your comment on my blog.
    We are still comfortable traveling; but that said always use your commonsense as you would anywhere.
    Personally I wouldn't spend much time in the border towns.
    At Nogales I would cross at the Mariposa crossing (truck route) sooner than the downtown crossing (Deconini?sp). Cross early in the morning and drive during the daylight hours. I believe the Mariposa crossing is open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete