Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day in Mexico

Started the day out at the pool. Had a couple of glasses of some really good cheap German wine with our neighbo Tonita. We met Tonita at the pool one evening she was out there with her son Maximo. He is such a cute four year old and reminds me so much of my grandsons back home. She and her family just moved back from Cancun where they work in the Timeshare business. It must be lucrative since they have a nice condo here in the Bay View Grand.

After the pool, we decided to go to town for dinner. I wanted to take Sarah to see La Bodeguita del Medio. This was one of mine and Ken's favorite places to have fun. Well they were not having any specials and I hate the fact that they don't mark down the rates for slow season, where many of the other restaurants do. So we had drinks, mojitos for us, water for Sarah and a pinada for Trinity. We also ordered a couple of appetizers to stave off Sarah's headache, some meatballs and some mariquitas (fried plantain chips.) The dipping sauces with the meatballs were good.

Sarah was getting a headache because she was hungry.

A fun part of La Bodeguita de Medio is that you get to graffiti the place to your hearts content, they even supply the marker! Trinity had fun doing this, since it will probably be the only business establishment she will ever get to graffiti without consequences.



After this we went to try out La Dolce Vita. I had read some great reviews on it and knew they had excellent pizza's which the girls would want to try. When we arrived there was a line forming outside and it was pretty crowded inside, I thought we would have to wait, but no they took us right in. The line outside was probably for the folks who wanted to dine on the patio upstairs. I was okay with being right near the air conditioning!


Ken ordered first since it was Father's day. He had the lasagne, I ordered a Carppacio appetizer, it was thinly slice raw beef in some type of herbed oil with some very thinly sliced parmesan cheese. Served with toasted bread! It was very good. For my meal I asked the waiter to order for me and he picked a seafood pasta special. I was very happy with his choice. It had spaghetti noodles with stuffed oyster shells surrounding the pasta.  The oysters and the shrimp sauce was excellent! My tastebuds were in seventh heaven!

Sarah and Trinity both had pizza as I suspected they would. Sarah had a Diavola Pizza and Trinity had a Salami pizza, both looked good. Sarah's had thinly sliced serranos and it was hot! Trin ate most of hers there, while Sarah only had a few pieces.


The only thing missing from the meal was a decent salad. I always love a good salad with Italian food.
The wait staff were very nice and friendly, even offering to take our picture as a group.



No comments:

Post a Comment