Friday, April 2, 2010

The Drive to Puerto Vallarta

Surprisingly, the drive was uneventful. Which of course is what we all want right? We were unable to leave our house till after 2PM so much for getting an early start. Thank you Lawely's. I am still very upset with the way things were handled at Laweless and I doubt I will ever take my car there again.
Ken took it in on Wednesday the 24th for a service check. They said we needed the transmission flushed and the coolant flushed. No problemo, gave the go ahead, plus an oil change. After the coolant was flushed, my check coolant light was coming on. Never had that before, so we took it back. The mechanic said that the coolant resevoir was cracked and we needed a new one. No problemo put one in says I.
He returns to say that they did not have one in stock. The inventory showed one, but they didn't have it. So he would have to get one tomorrow after 10AM. I said no way, can't you get one off a new caddy, since I think they had something to do with this. He comes back after awhile and says, it's not the resevoir anymore but the coolant sensor. hmmmm so the cracked resevoir miraculously repaired itself!
Oh, yeah and the reason I returned to begin with was, when I left after the maintenance check, I did not have A/C. I had A/C when I took my car there to begin with! Apparently when they did some of the maintenance I think they cracked the high pressure line or just loosened up the bolt, Adam my son said it looked like it was leaking out of the bolt. So anyway, he claims its the line. Kaching $400 more to fix that! I am starting to feel like I am hemmoraging money at Lawely's. What can you do though, they know we have to get out of town, they know we need A/C and a reliable vehicle. They want me to upgrade my Cadi, are they kidding? I will never own another Cadi! Unless of course it's free.

Oh just remembered we had some seals replaced on the suspension too. Guess what, our coolant light is on. Service engine light is on and the Service supsension light it on. Is there a pattern  beginning here?

No comments:

Post a Comment