Saturday, April 10, 2010

Going to the Market

Today we wanted to go check out the farmers market. We also decided we would have breakfast in town. Ken wanted to drive since we planned on buy produce and whatever else they sold there as far as food goes.
We found the place fairly easily using our Garmin GPS receiver. Just punched in the address and off we went. I love this thing. But I also loved using Google maps on my Palm Pre. One thing the Garmin is good for is locating places nearby, like hospitals, fuel, restaurants, public services etc. You can do it on the Palm also but you have to type in most of it and it can take painfully long.



When we arrived parking was scarce so Ken dropped me in front of the place and went in search of a parking spot. I saw Coco's restaurant right across the street and made my way there. While I waited I chatted with a few of the people coming out. One lady had her little poodle in her arms and stopped to chat. I asked her where she bought the cute harness for her dog and she told me in the states. It looked much more comfortable then the ones we got for Lexi and August. I will have to get one when we get home, by then the ones they have won't fit anymore.

Ken arrived and found me sitting at a table in Coco's. We were of course allowed to bring the girls in with us. About 95% of the businesses here in Mexico do not object to pets as long as they behave. We always put the girls in their bag when we sit to eat. Otherwise they draw so much attention and you spend most of the time talking then eating.


We ordered omelettes. Mine was a Greek omelette with Spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and feta cheese. It came with hashbrowns and some awesome cornbread. After the cornbread is baked they take and toast it in a pan coated with butter. Yummy. Probably better for me if they toasted it with Olive oil.
Ken had your traditional Chorizo Omelette. It was pretty good too. Next time I want to have the Meditterenean omelette, it has salmon and capers.

After we ate we headed across the street to the Market. It was so disappointing. More of a Yuppy American type market. Holistic stuff, organic vegetables but not a great selection. I asked around and found they do have a Mexican market nearby, that is where we want to go next Saturday. I am surprised they only have one a week here. In Chapala area you could find one every week in the different villages around the lake. I think if we decide to stay here in Mexico I prefer the Chapala area, it's much cooler and the people are so friendly., Not as many vendors and everyone knows everyone. Plus if you want to come to PV in the winter to warm up a bit, it's only a few hours. Not that Chapala is cold but it does get some sweater weather.

We ended up at the Bodeguita, a favorite of ours.It has two floors we head to the upper floor since the ocean breeze is awesome up there and the view is great too. Ken can smoke his cigars up here without offending anyone too. They sell cubans here. Quite expensive but very good cigars.


No comments:

Post a Comment