Thursday, April 15, 2010

PV Day 15

Today we needed to go find a DHL place of business so I could get information on shipping a package to Mexico. The mail service here is not too reliable from what I have heard, so I guess I will have them call me when the package is delivered.

On the way out of town, we stopped in the outskirts in small village. They were having a market but apparantly it was only clothing. We stopped in a very tiny restaurant? Anyway Ken had eggs with beans and I forget what else, I had some kind of chicken fillet with rice and beans. It was pretty good. We also had some very fresh corn tortillas, mmmmm they were soooo good.



After fiinishing up with that errand we decided to take a little ride to Boca de Tomatlan. It's a small village where the road ends at the other side of the Bay of Banderas. The road actually continues but it continues straight instead of curving around the bay. We went there last year when we were in PV for a week. From there we caught a water taxi to Yelapa. This is the only way to get to Yelapa unless you want to trek through jungle on foot. I'm too old and out of shape for that! Oh if I were only young again.

Boca de Tomatlan beach


When we arrived there were quite a few police in the dark uniforms there. It was kind of strange. I wondered why they were there. They weren't doing much but just hanging out. We parked on the side of the road where we found a space between two other vehicles. There were cars parallel parked on the opposite side of the narrow road too, so if a huge vehicle say like a bus were to go by there would not be enough space. Ken started tripping about this. I said for God's sake Ken we are in Mexico, and only spitting distance from the car, if they need us to move it then we will move it. Sometimes he just stresses over the silliest stuff.

We got out of the car to stretch and take a break, I sat under a shady palapa and ordered a ice cold Pacifico con limon. ahhh it was perfect. While we were sitting there, Ken began to fret about whether he left enough space for a vehicle to get past our car. Ken was still fretting over the car, so he was just walking around with August. Couldn't get him to relax. Oh well, I needed to unwind from his driving. We will be lucky to have a suspension when we get back from Mexico since he is always looking at the dang ocean when driving. I am afraid one of these times we are going to be in the ocean! I keep telling him if he wants to sight see let me know I will be more than happy to drive!

While I was enjoying my cerveza a group of people from a tour came in by bus. They were waiting for a boat to take them back to Nuevo Vallarta. I chatted a bit with a young mother who had her two children with her. She was from Vancouver Canada and was enjoying the heck out of Mexico. They were in love with Mexico! This was their first family trip and she promised herself that they would return next year.
Another gentlemen who was with the tour had a very strong German accent, but he was Mexican, apparantly his folks emigrated from Germany and he was born in Mexico. I forget where he said they were from.

I could see that Ken was getting antsy so I sucked down my cerveza and paid the guy for the beer, it was 25 pesos. Took him awhile to get back with the change, but finally got it and told Ken I was ready to go. He looked relieved.
Oh yeah I can't forget Benito, he was a jewelry vendor, they have them all over the beaches in Mexico, only they all don't have Bennys personality. He was something else. I liked him. I ended up buying a pair of earrings from him, they match a bracelet I bought last year. He wanted 280, but I got him down to 200 mxp. Ken was interested in casting his net off the pier to get some bait fish and I asked Benny if that would be okay and he said sure! So we got to talking about fishing and he said he had a friend with a boat he could take Ken out for very cheap to go fishing so the next time we go we will look for Benny and he will hook us up.

We came home and decided to go down Easy street to the beach. Since the dogs were probably tired we left them behind and headed out. Ice chest in hand with beach towels we (drove) down Easy street. It's hard enough for a car to come up that street. I cannot walk up that street I don't care how hard I try! I have to get in better shape. So I decided when at the beach I will do a few walks up the beach and back. That's more than enough for me. I wish I could build up some stamina, but it's these dang meds! I am so miserable with that part of it.

We found a good spot spread out our towels and went in and enjoyed. I did not take my camera from experience I learned not a good idea so no pics of the beach. The tide did come up at one point and soaked our towels, we had them too close to the tide line. We stayed a couple of hours and them came back to the condo. It was nice and cool since we left the A/C on for the girls. (dogs) I am thinking about changing their names to Sarah and Trinity! LOL


Los Arcos, Mismaloya

No comments:

Post a Comment